So when my friend suggested that we take a trip from her home in Huelva, Spain to Lagos, Portugal, I was interested but didn't do very much research about the area. I was on my holiday and I was just along for the ride.
I will admit though, that I LOVED PORTUGAL. It was amazing and warm and beautiful.
The weather was warm and I spent my time there in skirts, sleeveless shirts, sandals, and dresses. This was a huge contrast from the icy cold wind and rain in London, England.
My friends and I began our time in Lagos trekking the short distance from the bus station to our hostel. We checked in, asked the concierge where the best place to eat was, and went to her favorite locals restaurant. This trip was all about adventure, so I ordered squid. The dish was not what I expected. There were piles upon piles of squid on the plate that they delivered to our table. Not even a third was eaten even though I did try and make an effort... I think grilled squid is an acquired taste.

Then we spent the afternoon lying on a beach. I spent a good half an hour or forty-five minutes floating around in the Atlantic ocean and it was amazing! I just kept thinking: "Gosh! How lucky am I to be here, right now, in this moment?" I could have spent days floating in that water or laying in the warm sun on the beach.

Wow, Portugal was Amazing! I certainly need to go back!
Location: Lagos, Portugal

2 comments:
ah, really? how weird. www.gogalavanting.com doesn't exist? i wonder if i spelled it wrong. anyway, it's all over my site. and, maybe you checked it out while they were doing construction (i intern for the site, and they've actually mentioned changing up the layout). but should you come across it, world traveler that you are, you'd like it.
p.s. upon visiting your profile, i can't help but note your taste in music is flawless. love arcade fire. love that regine.
ah, how embarrassing. i can't properly promote my own site. try www.gogalavanting.com/preview/
Post a Comment