Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Places of 2008...

In the GRAND tradition of list making, here are the places I visited in 2008:
  • San Francisco, CA, U.S.A.
  • Tahoe, California, U.S.A.
  • (That bit of Tahoe that is in Nevada, U.S.A.)
  • Santa Rosa, CA, U.S.A.
  • Corte Madera, CA, U.S.A.
  • San Rafael, CA, U.S.A.
  • Oakland, CA, U.S.A.
  • Berkeley, CA, U.S.A.
  • London, England
  • Brighton, England
  • Ascot, England
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
  • Blairgowrie, Scotland
  • Pitlochry, Scotland
  • Inverness, Scotland
  • Loch Ness, Scotland
  • Drumnadrochit, Scotland
  • Glen Coe, Scotland
  • Tyndrum, Scotland
  • Deal, England
  • Bleinheim Palace, England
  • Oxford, England
  • Seville Airport, Spain
  • Huelva, Spain
  • Lagos, Portugal
  • Stonehenge, England
  • Bath, England
It was a great year for places.  Some places I spent a lot of time in, like San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and London.  I was able to return multiple times during the year to some places that I never expected like Edinburgh, Pitlochry, Inverness, and Glen Coe.  There were others that I never expected to love as much as I did, like Deal and Lagos, both sea side towns, but very different.  The ability to travel is a gift that I am thankful for every day.  

I know that 2009 will be different.  It will probably not involve as much international travel, but it will still involve seeing and observing.  It will be a year of open eyes and homeward exploration, a time to re-visit the places that I have seen a million times and to see a billion new unique treasures.  With the opening of every year there is the opportunity for a fresh start; a new beginning.  The world is an open road leading out far into an unknown destination, some place that I can not yet see myself.  There, out in the distance, is the future, is the world of the person I will become. 

No comments: