Thursday, 15 January 2009

Science is fun...

The Exploratorium in San Francisco is Amazing.  Basically there is no way to describe it other than to say that every time I go there, I change my mind about science and start to think that it is pretty darn fun.  My eleven year old cousin thought so too.  We spent three hours there and only got to play with a quarter of the stuff.  Two hipster guys stood behind us in line for the giant bubble table and had the following conversation which I overheard/participated:

Hipster Boy #1: "Do you think that maybe this table has, like, an invisible bubble around it and you can't get through unless you are this high." (he put his hand at his chest)
Hipster Boy #2: "I don't know... all of these activities seem to kind of have that invisible line around them, but I don't really care because I love this place."
My Cousin: (Oblivious and enjoying giant bubbles that she was trying to get to surround her body but instead she kept banging into Hipster guy #2.)
Me: "I think that it is fine if you wanna play with bubbles as long as you wait your turn and you don't use your height to your advantage."
Hipster Boy #1: "Okay, well then we'll stick behind you."

My favorite Exploratorium actives include: 
  • The big nail thing where you put your hand under it and the nails pop up.
  • The pole that is straight but goes through a curved hole.
  • The giant bubbles.
  • The Alice in Wonderland distortion room.
  • The weird sand that bubbles up like lava.
  • Everything.
It is AWESOME there. FACT.

(A word to the wise though, before leaving or eating, you should wash your hands... lots of germs cover everything in that place.)

Location: Exploratorium, San Francisco, CA, U.S.A.

No comments: